“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold is a form of bacteria that exists everywhere. It is in all environments inside and outside, and it dwells on all surfaces. Moisture is what fosters those spores to grow and multiply. When you find mold in your home or business, it is crucial that you find the source of the moisture. It could be a dripping pipe, or maybe a leak in your roof, or it could be a case of condensation from dramatically different temperatures inside and outside of the structure. No matter the source of the moisture, without eliminating that source, the risk of regrowth once remediated is eminent.
SERVPRO of Renton has the training and expertise to properly inspect, assess and remediate the mold growth found in your home or business. Call us for an inspection as soon as you discover mold in your home nor business.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (425) 255-2227
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (425) 255-2227
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Renton is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2120 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: