What Is Black Mold?
Mold exists all around you, everywhere you go, which makes sense because mold only needs moisture to persist. Mold can be dangerous, especially Stachybotrys chartarum, or black mold. Black mold gets its name from its black appearance.
The team at SERVPRO of Renton is highly trained in mold remediation and use their expertise to help you restore your home after a black mold infestation. Some of the most common places our team finds mold include:
- Air conditioning units
The moisture and darkness in these areas will promote the growth and reproduction of mold, and the vents or air conditioning units might even begin to circulate black mold spores throughout your home.
Here are a few easy steps to take to lower your risk for black mold in your home or business:
- Clean up any excess water or moisture in your property
- Throw away any items that might have water damage
- Keep an eye out for any mold when you do your regular cleaning
Be proactive and if you do see a patch of mold, contact the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Renton for removal or remediation immediately.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Renton immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (425) 255-2227
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Renton is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- East Renton Highlands
- Cedar Grove
- The Landing